2 Easy methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222
QuickBooks Error 15222 shows up when the user tries to download payroll or updates in the software. It occurs when any anti-malware or anti-spyware see the updates in QuickBooks as a threat. Problems due to internet connection like slow internet or failed connection also gives rise to this error. This error is basically linked to Payroll service.
We have come up with this blog to discuss the QuickBooks Error 15222 and the methods to resolve it quickly. Resolving this error needs special care and attention. You are requested to carefully read this blog and try to troubleshoot this error by yourself. In case of any difficulty, you can reach to our top QB experts for on-call support at our TFN (844)-932-1139.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15222
There are so many reasons for this error to occur. We will look at some of the primary reasons.
- If registered digital signatures don't work appropriately and that function is active in the internet explorer.
- When user has not set the IE as the default browser.
- If any anti-spyware, anti-malware or anti-adware detects QuickBooks update as a threat to the security of the data.
- When system is incompatible.
- When the system configuration is not correct.
- Problems due to internet connection like slow internet or failed connection.
What are the Indicators to detect QuickBooks Error 15222?
- Problem in downloading the payroll updates.
- User cant download QuickBooks Updates.
- Digital signature verification fails.
- QuickBooks won't respond for a couple of seconds.
- The device becomes sluggish.
What are the troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Solution 1: Installing the Digital Signature Certificate
- Right-click on QBW32.exe and Select properties after closing the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, select the digital signature tab by choosing Intuit Inc in the list of signatures.
- Choose the details option and select view certificate.
- Now in the next window, click on the Install Certificate and select Next.
- Select the Finish option to complete the installation.
- After completing the whole process, restart your computer and download the QB update again.
- Now, see if the error 15222 is appearing.
Solution 2: By updating the software
If your computer has any antivirus software or anti-malware, then you should update these programs so that the following processes and domains can work properly.
- Processes - qbupdate.exe and qbw32.exe
- Domains - QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com and Payroll.com
After finishing the updates, make sure that QuickBooks error 15222 shows up or not.
Although, QuickBooks Error 15222 is an error which can be solved easily by various troubleshooting steps, but these methods must be executed properly. In this blog, we tried to explain each and every aspect of resolving this error. In case, you find any difficulty while troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 15222 by yourself, then talk to our QB expert at our TFN (844)-932-1139.